What is ABA?
ABA or Applied Behavior Analysis is based on a science of learning and analysis of behavior-environment interactions.
What is included in ABA therapy?
ABA Therapy can target:
- Increasing Communication
- Improving Social Skills
- Gaining Daily Life Skills
- Reducing Challenging Behaviors
- Teaching Leisure Skills
And much more!
ABA Therapy is available in:
ABA therapy can be done In home, In clinic or in school. BPI currently offers ABA therapy in the Chicagoland area, Central IL, Madison County, Austin TX, Columbia MO and Colorado.
How does ABA work?
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is an evidence-based treatment that is effective for people of all ages (from early childhood through adulthood), can involve one-to-one teaching or group instruction, and is provided in a variety of settings (e.g. clinics, homes, and schools). The goal of ABA therapy is to increase helpful, meaningful behavior and skills, and to reduce behavior that is harmful or negatively affects the individual. Each program is written to meet the needs of each individual learner.
- It helps us to understand how behavior works, how behavior is affected by the environment, and how learning takes place
- ABA programs are driven by data, so success can be measured and programming can be adjusted if the treatment is not effective.
- Incorporates caregiver training. Caregiver involvement is an important component of therapy, as it assists learners to generalize acquired skills outside a therapy session. Caregivers and family members receive training so they can support learning and skill practice throughout the day.
How can ABA help my child?
ABA therapy programs are highly individualized, and each treatment program will differ from one learner to the next. Learners are guided through an assessment process and a treatment plan with appropriate goals is developed. The treatment plan is implemented through regularly scheduled sessions either in your home or at a location of your choosing. The goal of any ABA program is to help each person work on skills that will help them become more independent and successful in the short term as well as in the future.
Less is more?
Not when it comes to YOUR child.
Hear from autism parents who have been through the struggles of insurance, intensive behaviors, and learning to empower their child. By taking advantage of all the hours and therapies available to their children, they have watched them thrive.
Frequently Asked Questions
The recommended hours for each child varies based on the child’s needs. This factor will be determined by a BCBA during the first initial assessment.
Each child and their needs are different. Before starting services a BCBA will do an initial assessment to help determine if and what services are recommended for your child.
We strive to provide services as soon as possible. However, there are many factors that contribute to the starting date. Our first step is to check your insurance and schedule an initial assessment with a BCBA. Our New Client Liaisons can be reach at: Info@bpiaba.com to learn more about our services and help you through the process!
We have a wonderful team of New Client Liaisons who will be able to help you determine if your insurance covers ABA Therapy. They can be reached at: email@example.com or 888-308-3728. If your insurance does not cover ABA therapy, our team will give you additional resources to help you.
While ABA therapy has been empirically supported to improve many behaviors in general, insurance would not cover ABA therapy without ASD diagnosis.
There are numerous research studies that have shown the effectiveness of ABA therapy at any age with or without ASD diagnosis.
Ready to enroll your child in BPI?
Occupational therapy is an evidenced-based practice that uses meaningful activities to help individuals reach their highest level of independence with those daily tasks that are essential for successful participation in their school, home and community.