Apple Academy is an intensive program for learners ages 2-7. Apple Academy is a unique alternative to traditional special education, providing individualized programming and a 1:1 staff ratio to maximize learning opportunities.
At Apple Academy, you'll find:
- TABLE TIME: During table time, technicians work one on one with the child on individualized programs based on comprehensive assessments.
- NET (Natural Environment Teaching): Watch as the skills taught during table time generalize to the natural environment. All of our centers are setup to mimic a typical early childhood center. In the NET technicians work on manding (requesting items) and peer play.
- GROSS MOTOR: Gross motor takes place twice a day in the form of music and movement or if the weather permits we take the children outdoors.
- CIRCLE TIME: Twice a day, children attend circle time where we have calendar time, sing good morning, watch the weather and play a motor imitation song. Our second circle of the day is our literacy circle where we read a story and sing and dance to more motor imitation songs.
- SOCIAL SKILLS: Opportunities are created throughout the day at Apple Academy. From NET to meal times we always encourage peer interactions with our students.
- ACTIVITIES: Every day, we plan a curriculum-based activity incorporating Math, Science, Art, or Sensory play.
You can also join us for Apple Too, an intensive after-school program. We create individualized programming that will build independence in your child, and skills are taught in 1:1, small group, and social group settings. Apple Too is open Monday-Friday, after school until 6:30pm.